It’s Finally Happening!
The day we have been waiting for…
Backstage Salon will reopen for hair services on Monday, June 8th!
As always, Backstage is committed to exceeding the highest standards of Health and Safety regulations. We will be following all of the sanitation and safety guidelines provided by the state of Massachusetts.
Please read through all of our guidelines so you know what to expect during your next visit at the salon.
Sanitation + Cleaning
- Alcohol based sanitizer is available at the entrance and at every station.
- We will have a hand washing station available to all guests with soap and running water.
- Service providers will have sufficient break times to wash hands frequently.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of station and tools will be done before and after every guest. Our staff will not be sharing any tools or products.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of high traffic areas will occur throughout the day.
- We will keep cleaning logs that include date, time, and scope of cleaning
- A new cape will be provided to every guest upon arrival.
- All staff members will have training on safety standards, up-to-date safety information and precautions including hygiene and other safety measures.
- Face masks are required to be worn by our guests. Please make sure you wear a mask that has ear loops so we are able to do your hair service.
- We have disposable face masks in the event that you did not bring one.
- Our staff is also required to wear face masks and all state mandated PPE.
- We are using fewer stations to comply with the 6ft social distancing guidelines.
- There will be visible markers to encourage guests to remain at least 6 feet apart.
- Acrylic protection barriers are in place throughout the salon for ensuring separation and protection. These barriers are present at the front desk, between stations, between sinks, and at the nail stations.
- Our staff will have staggering lunch and break times to regulate the maximum number of people in one place and ensure at least 6 feet of physical distancing.
- Our waiting area remains temporarily closed and we will not be offering any non essential amenities. (coffee, water, magazines, and coat room). We encourage you to bring your own beverage if needed.
- We will be implementing social distancing at our retail area. One of our team members will assist you with products. Guests touching retail will be prohibited.
- Please come to your appointment alone. (unless you have a medical condition or if you are accompanying a minor.
- Appointments are required. We will not be accepting walk-in appointments at this time to adhere to the state guidelines.
- We temporarily will not be accepting new guests in order to accommodate guests who missed their appointments while we were closed.
- When you arrive for your appointment please call us at 978-948-7772. We will advise you to wait in your car until we’re ready for you.
- Please bring minimal possessions into the salon. Leave your personal belongings at home or in the car if possible.
- Every guest will need to sign a consent form upon entering the salon.
- We will be taking your temperature upon arrival into the salon.
- Any guest with a temperature over 100 degrees will not be allowed into the salon.
- Please call us to reschedule your appointment if you are feeling ill, someone in your house is feeling ill, or if someone in your house has tested positive for covid-19 less than 14 days ago.
- Cancellations: Please call us 24hrs prior to your appointment to reschedule. Any no show appointments will be changed the full price.
- Contactless payment methods are encouraged. Guests may call ahead and prepay for their service to minimize interaction with the front desk.
- You may pay while you’re in the chair with your service provider or a salon assistant.
- Gratuity: Every service provider will have their own gratuity boxes at their station if you wish to tip in cash or check.* You may also use Venmo. Our Service providers Venmo accounts will also be posted at their station. Gratuity is not allowed on credit cards.
*please note that the Front Desk will not be able to make change for you. If you wish to tip your service provider in cash, please bring the appropriate amount.